Wednesday, July 25, 2012

This Dreaming Daughter

A long time ago, a woman friend gave me a tarot reading with a very special deck - the Daughters of the Moon Tarot.

The deck fascinated me. It was round, beautifully illustrated and absolutely feminist. Years passed, and a copy of this deck, and, then a few days later by chance, the accompanying book came into my possession, and I began to get acquainted with the cards for myself. Even the first readings I did with them were eerily accurate, and the symbolism in the cards resonated with my heart.

Traditionally, the Major Arcana (in this deck called the Aether Arcana) is thought of as a path, following the Fool (here called the Dreamer) as she journeys from naivety to knowledge. Herein this Daughter seeks to walk the path of the Dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment