Saturday, July 28, 2012

Card 2 - The Witch

The witch is the first transformation that the Dreamer goes through. She looks within herself and finds the power of the sacred feminine. See how each of the elements are depicted in the picture - so she works within the harmony of all things, rather than against them. The name of the card itself - The Witch - is a show of will. She takes back the word witch, returning it to herself and filling it with power.

In the positive aspect, The Witch represents purpose and use of the universal power for selfless, life affirming purposes. She represents the development of self esteem and self confidence.

In the negative, she must evaluate what we seek and why. Is it for the greater good, or only for personal gain? Will others be hurt by this goal, how can her energy be better channeled. Or, is she being taken advantage of because she is underestimating her own self worth?
...
The Witch tells me to evaluate my motives for continuing my education, and not undervalue what I already know. She reminds me, also, to keep the balance between all the parts of my life - my family, my children, my education, and even my health.

Balance is the key. 

No comments:

Post a Comment